Wednesday, February 1, 2012

6 months



"He's a big boy." "I mean he's a big boy." "How tall is his dad?" "Was Emma like this?" "What have you been feeding him?" Jack had his 6 month check-up recently and since he's been under 6 mos. and won't take a bottle, it's been pretty much all nursing people. Even the pediatrician remarked how big he is several times. But we LOVE all of his girth, his cheeks, thighs, hands, and heart. He is precious.


Height: 29"
Weight: 25 lbs 7 oz
Head Circumference: 18.75 cm


He can sit up by himself, roll over and babble. When he picks up large toys, such as the jumparoo chair that attaches to the doorframe, he looks like one of those strong men lifting a long pole one handed. He wears sizes 12-18 mos. and some smaller 18 mos. Oh yeah, and the cloth diapers we "invested" in starting with Emma... he's busting out of the ones she wore until potty training. I always wondered why some diapers went to 35 or 45 lbs. I thought, geez, are some kids not potty trained until they are 5? Well, now I know - they're for the big boys.


Jack has started solid foods. He doesn't like much yet. He gags on or refuses to open his mouth for various things including rice cereal, oatmeal, applesauce, and sweet potatoes. He tolerates pears and actually opens his mouth a little for avocados and bananas. He's probably waiting for the meat and potatoes, or maybe the leafy greens.



Jack loves to play with Emma, in anything she is doing. Here he is jumping in his bouncer with Emma running around.



One day, Emma dressed him up while I was in the other room and I came out to find this.



3 comments:

  1. Does it get ANY MORE precious than this????? We love our adorable grandchildren :-) Good parents, good children, that's what I say. XXOO
    Grammy & Grampy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just amazed at all that you do to keep Jack growing and going. And with 2 kiddos at that. You really do inspire this newbie mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - he is so adorable and MASSIVE. :) Since my son is so huge, we often had to explain to strangers. We would get weird looks when people noticed him in diapers when he was only 2--- people sometimes thought he was 4!

    ReplyDelete