"I'm Emma. I'm going to be 4. I'm going to have a princess doll cake for my birthday!"
Complete stranger, "Oh, that sounds nice! When is your birthday?"
"It's ___ (nearly 2 months away). It's after Shelbe's. He's going to be 5! And I'm going to be 4!"
Despite having reservations about the princess craze, we embraced it, secretly hoping we could move on from these lovely ladies in years to come. We had pin the glass slipper on Cinderella, pass the glass slipper (which resulted in a bloody lip for the birthday girl - note: don't use actual glass slipper shoes), dance & freeze when the music stops, step on a balloon, and relay races (adults even got to do these). There was princess lemonade, Rapunzel's Rampion Salad, Prince Charming's Mac & Cheese, Aurora's Fruit Basket, Ariel's Fish Friends, Cinderella's Caprese Salad, and Tiana's PB & J. The Cinderella cake turned out well, complete with 7 pastel pink and purple layers. All in all, everyone had a great time, especially the birthday girl.
On the day of her birthday, we celebrated with a small gift and we went to some of our favorite spots - Alki and Pegasus. One of her grandpas came over and spent a couple hours reading and playing with Emma since he couldn't make it to the party.
![]() |
| jack is ready for sleepy time |








No comments:
Post a Comment