These quotes start off near the end of May, which is apparently the last time I updated this blog. Hmmm... I wonder what happened? Oh yes, our little one started walking in earnest and then climbing and getting into everything. So, needless to say, there is little time around here for this! :) But enjoy these thoughts from 2/3 of our children. Mia is sure to be there soon!
E: "my favorite thing to collect is information!"
J: "I need to swim so I don't go deep, deep, deep and (ugh - sticks tongue out and rolls eyes back) - I might die."
E: do i get a prize for all that i did in kindergarten and the big awards i got?
Me: yes, you get to go to first grade
Me: does anyone want to pray?
J: neigh, moo, doggy, kitty, dis food, amen
Last night at dinner:
Me: E. you need to finish your milk. You asked for it, so please finish it... or you can put it in the fridge and save it for later. J. has started doing that to save his drinks.
J: Yes, E. I put mine in the fridge, so I don't waste it. You a waster. This is the line. (*indicates line with hands) You want to be here, away from the line. Not over here, doing wrong things. Over here, doing right things.
J's prayer today:
Thank you God for light, and all the animals, and the bugs, and the bugs eating the other bugs, and the dirt. Amen.
Meanwhile, M., while not quite quote-worthy yet, can definitely communicate her needs and wants. She has popped out with clearly pronouncing these words 1-2 times in addition to her typical mom & dadda: more, up, emma, jack, dog. She also seems to mimic the cadence of sounds and one of our friends swears she heard her say "drink" when she wanted some water. She also responds yes/no by shaking her head to questions. And she tried to say broccoli when looking at a package of broccoli applesauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment